The Fam

The Fam
Family Photos Fall 2015

Monday, January 4, 2016

Compliments best not given

Everyone loves to get a compliment.  That is unless it is a backhanded compliment meant to be an insult instead of uplifting.  Those are not cool.  But then there are compliments that are completely sincere but maybe would have been better left unsaid.  Little kids are really good at these and sometimes inept adults too.  Let me give you a few examples:


  • "Your not in as bad as shape as I thought".  Said the personal trainer to a friend of mine going in for their initial base line appointment.  Is that the same as saying your not as fat as you looked or Wow I really expected you to have a worse body.

  • "Your food does not taste bad."  Said my child to the hostess who had us over for dinner and is not gifted in the kitchen.  Her reply "Thats because I ordered out."

  • Wow your not nearly as dumb as I expected.  I have not ever used this but I would be lying if I said it had never crossed my mind.
I think that is enough.  I don't want to dwell on the negative, just a passing acquaintance is damaging enough.  However if you have more that is what the comments section is for.



No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have been inspired by the words of brilliance or the creative spelling let me know and leave a comment, that is when it gets fun for us writing this thing is getting your feedback.