The Fam

The Fam
Family Photos Fall 2015

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Waffle House at 3:00am

I am in Atlanta again on business and I had to get up at 4:00 this morning to catch my flight.  I arrived at my hotel at about 4:30 east coast time completely tired and wanting to go to sleep.  I got settled in my room with the intention of sleeping for a few hours then catching the late showing of Transformers 3.  Instead I woke up at 11:00 after 6 hours of sleep wide awake ready to start the day.  I worked until 3:00am and decided it was time for a meal.  Not sure if it is breakfast of dinner.  The only thing open at that time is Waffle House.  These are a chain of small greasy spoon diners across the south.  I was there from 3:00-3:30 eating my Chicken Bisquet and hashbrowns (still not sure if it breakfast or dinner).  In that short 30 minutes all of the following happened:
·         Some guy used the ladies restroom and went table to table in the entire place asking if they changed the mens and womens bathroom this week because the mens used to be in the back.
·         A group of 4 highly inebriated individuals came in and the server gave them their water in plastic kids cups with lids on it because she did not want to clean up a mess when they spill their water.
·         The cook who is also the manager yelled at one of the servers for not having better customer service in front of everyone.
·         When the guy was in the ladies restroom the other server stood at the door telling him to hurry that there were ladies out her needing to go pee.
I miss the south.  Every time I come back and visit I am always surprised by the very different public social interactions that take place here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have been inspired by the words of brilliance or the creative spelling let me know and leave a comment, that is when it gets fun for us writing this thing is getting your feedback.