The Fam

The Fam
Family Photos Fall 2015

Monday, May 30, 2011

Memory Monday about my first date

Being the novice blogger I am following my sister’s lead when it comes to patterns and ideas for blogging.  Today being Memory Monday my selected topic is My First Date. 

My first date was with Carrie Fergus.  It was less than a week after my 16th birthday and we doubled with my older sister Wendi and her boyfriend who also happened to be Carrie’s cousin William Smith (Not the actor but that would have been totally cool).  My younger sister Heather also came with us and she was paired off with Williams younger brother Joseph (not the prophet but that would have been totally cool).   So to recap three of us were related and were dating 3 others who were all related.  Kind of weird thinking back, but totally not weird at the time.

This was my first high school dance as well as my first date.  So to say I was in uncharted territory would be an understatement.  We went to the dance and there was a live band.  After their set the DJ started and we danced (I use the term “dance” very loosely) for a couple of hours.  We had our pictures taken and were ready to leave.  I think we went to dinner but was not sure.  So I called and spoke to my sister Wendi to confirm and she said we went to Abby’s Pizza. 

Wendi had a boat of a car, a 1982 Oldsmobile.  It was gray with crushed red velvet interior.  Carrie and I road in the backseat and Wendi and William in the front seat, Heather and Joe were split up one in the front and one in the back.

The most memorable part of the evening was when we were dropping them off.  We pulled up and we were running late and close to curfew so this was going to be a quick goodbye.  The door handle in the backseat where I sat was broken so it could only be opened from the outside.  While was waiting for someone to open the door Joe and Carrie got out the other side and said thanks we had a great time and left me sitting in the car.  It happened so fast that I didn’t even realize what had happened until we were pulling out of the driveway.  In my mind I had it pictured going differently.  Not sure exactly how' but me being locked in the back seat of the car was definitely not part of the plan.  I can say that I did take Carrie out a few more times.  But nothing ever developed from it. 

In hindsight it was not all that bad.  Being unable to walk her to the door was probably the best thing that could have happened and saved me from and even more awkward and scaring moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have been inspired by the words of brilliance or the creative spelling let me know and leave a comment, that is when it gets fun for us writing this thing is getting your feedback.