The Fam

The Fam
Family Photos Fall 2015

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Harmons Crossover

We are breaking from the 30 day blog challenge for the day and will pick it up again tomorrow.  I want to talk about my son Harmon's evening.  As of last night I no longer have a Cub Scout.  Harmon crossed over to Boy Scouts and joined the 11 year old patrol.  I have seen this same ceremony a dozens of times over the years but I actually got a little emotional last night.  It was a simple ceremony but seeing his brother who is the Senior Patrol Leader take his Webelos neckerchief off and put his Boy Scout neckerchief on was cool.  Mayson had composure and maturity that surprised me and did a good job speaking to the room. Their scoutmaster has done a great job with the boys all wearing uniforms and matching each week.  These guys are all as far apart as points on a star personality and interest wise but when they come together they really are friends and create something that is greater than the sum of their parts.

Here are a couple of photos of the ceremony:







This is the patch that is on the back of their neckerchiefs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have been inspired by the words of brilliance or the creative spelling let me know and leave a comment, that is when it gets fun for us writing this thing is getting your feedback.