- Young men consider throwing knives at each others feet and appropriate activity to pass the time.
- Some members consider "Book of Mormon stories" a racist song.
- You cant give sisters the priesthood even when they ask for it.
- Letting people know they are getting a new calling or released usually goes better if they know before it is announced sacrement meeting.
- It is always a good idea to have a plan B when the youth are in charge of cooking on a camp out.
- Girls camp different than boys. When an small animal is found they run screaming away from it. Boys run screaming towards it with clubs and knives drawn.
- When giving approval to the young men to build a fire, size, location and fuel all need to be specified.
- The most memorable combined activities involve the police showing up with guns drawn.
- Its better to confess your own transgressions than those of other ward members.
- When people are in your office crying, laughter is not always the best medicine.
- You know fast and testimony has gone horribly wrong when the police show up and remove people.
Saturday, March 15, 2014
Things I learned as Bishop
I posted this list on my blog several years ago and it came up in conversation recently. I thought I would post it again several of these were reinforced in the past few months as scoutmaster.